If like me you’ve been feeling uninspired with your product shots lately you’re probably thinking it’s time for a change. Sometimes it’s the smallest change that can make all the difference so I got to thinking about where my inspiration had gone.
After a nice cup of tea I had a discovery:
- Sadly – I remembered that I had snapped my mini tripod and even my serious glue wasn’t strong enough to fix it. Taking photos without it has not been that easy.
- Worst still – I remembered I had ordered a replacement that had been filed away in a cupboard and has never been used.
- Enter what I am now calling the 3-legged spider.
- You can use it to attach a lens or your mobile phone as it has an additional attachment.
- The modular legs mean you can use it at varying heights and angles.
- It only fell lens forward once before I learnt that you need a leg at the front for support.
- It’s great for photographing variations in the same spot.
- No more wonky angles.
- No more camera shake.
I had wanted to buy an original GorillaPod tripod for some time but had never really had the spare cash to do it so I bought a cheaper version. After using this one I think I can justify spending the money for the original tripod as I’d like to use some for the other functions that the tripod can do. It was designed to hang your camera from things so you can do overhead shots and I’m not sure I’d like to risk breaking my lens by doing that with this one.
Have you ever tried using a tripod to take your photographs? How did it work out for you? If not, you should definitely give it a try and you may get a little more inspired about taking your product shots.